PALMER, MASSACHUSETTS, USA, January 31, 2019 — Detector Technology, Inc., a leading product and contract manufacturer of components and assemblies for laboratory science, analytical, and clinical equipment, announced today that it is changing its corporate name to Adaptas Solutions on a worldwide basis, effective immediately.
“Adaptas Solutions exemplifies our highly flexible and adaptable, vertically integrated design and manufacturing model that delivers ultra-responsive service, exceptional technical support, and transparent project management,” said Jay Ray, President and Chief Executive Officer of Adaptas Solutions. “As we began to grow our product portfolio and contract services through acquisitions, it became apparent that a new name would allow us to unite our brands and emphasize our value to customers.”
Adaptas Solutions’ businesses, which will continue to sell products under their individual brands, include:
- Detector Technology (DeTech): A leading supplier of high-performance channel electron multipliers and design and manufacturing services. The business also produces automation and liquid handling solutions for lab instrumentation.
- ETP Ion Detect®: The world’s leading discrete dynode electron multiplier brand for high performance mass spectrometers.
- Scientific Instrument Services (SIS): A manufacturer of filaments for mass spectrometers and distributor of equipment and supplies for mass spectroscopy, sample preparation, and general laboratory use.
About Adaptas Solutions
Adaptas Solutions is a contract manufacturer of sample-to-answer solutions for laboratory science, analytical, and clinical equipment. Its Adaptas Business Model incorporates a vertically integrated design and manufacturing strategy that supports rapid product development and best-in-class costing while delivering exceptional quality and service. Adaptas Solutions sells products and services under its Detector Technologies, ETP Ion Detect, and Scientific Instrument Services brands. The company is based in Palmer, Massachusetts and has facilities across the U.S. and Australia. DeTech is a portfolio business of equity investment firm Ampersand Capital Partners (Wellesley, MA). Additional information is available at www.adaptas.com.
About Ampersand Capital Partners
Founded in 1988, Ampersand is a middle market private equity firm dedicated to growth-oriented investments in the healthcare sector. With offices in Boston, MA and Amsterdam, Netherlands, Ampersand leverages a unique blend of private equity and operating experience to build value and drive superior long-term performance alongside its portfolio company management teams. Ampersand has helped build numerous market-leading companies across each of its core healthcare sectors, including Brammer Bio, Confluent Medical, Genewiz, Genoptix, Talecris Biotherapeutics and Viracor-IBT Laboratories. Additional information about Ampersand is available at www.ampersandcapital.com
# # #
Notes to Editors:
- Press Contact: Linda McCauley, Adaptas Solutions, Marketing Manager, 1.413.284.9975, email@example.com
- Download high-resolution images for publication from: adaptas.com/news